If you are residing in a hurricane prone area, make sure you have installed the tough window shutters to minimize the loss causing to your home interiors.
Types of shutters
There are a variety of shades and material for shutter construction ranging from the expensive motorized iron bars type to the solid aluminum or steel sheet types. However, for a cost-effective DIY model, you can readily opt for the durable plywood stuff that is just effective for your need.
Setting up the shutter
This is such an easy project that you could complete within a day. Simply follow the given instructions.
- The primary step involves taking the correct measurement for the shutter material required. This can be done by determining your window size and make sure you leave an overlapping space of four inches on all sides to manufacture a needy wooden frame.
- Further, you the essential tools and fitting items for structuring the shutter. This includes
- The plywood panel sheet for the respective windows
- Appropriate wooden or iron screws, nuts and bolts along with the drill drivers.
- The lighting system that is required during evening time. The answers about ratcheting set prove this to be a good lighting source.
- The measurement tape and so on.
- Installing strategy
- Place the frame on the exterior of the window. Locate a stud on all the four corners of the frame.
- With the help of stud finder, tighten up the frame from the inside of your home.
- Moreover, to give the final stability, just drive in plenty of screws to the studs to tighten it up from all the sides.
In case you are installing this on a concrete wall, make sure you use the nuts and bolts for stabilizing the shutter frame. Thus, no more fear if the cyclone throws at them.